packages for solaris 10 x86

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Tue Oct 5 18:08:17 EDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 03:04:13PM -0300, Mark Homoky wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> Monday, October 4, 2010, 4:40:54 PM, you wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for packages for cyrus imap and cyrus ssl/sasl for solaris-10 on an x86 box.
> > I looked around on the sun freeware site and the cyrus site and didn't find anything.
> > Does anyone know where I can find the packages?
>
> > Frank
> > ----
> > Cyrus Home Page: http://www.cyrusimap.org/
> > List Archives/Info:
> > http://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/info-cyrus/
>
> Although I've not used them myself I did find some packages at sunfreepacks.com which might help you.
>
> Peronsally my preferred option is to build from source, although this is proving more than a little troublesome.
>
> I plan on spending perhaps another day at this, then I'm resorting to the site above and its myriad of packages so I'd appreciate the feedback if you have success (or not).
>
> My own problem is that I keep getting a hang during the compile process just after "mkchartable: mapping UTF-8". Google isn't much help in that regard, although there is also a configure warning too stating:
>
> "WARNING:  'Makefile.in' seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting"
>
> So this may very well be my own doing.
>
> If you're interested and if I get this working I can post all the configure / compile / install lines for you if that's any help. I'm no developer but I managed to work most of it out including some modifications to use BerkeleyDB.5.1 instead of a 4.x version.

I'm downloading the dvd from sunfreepacks.com now. Somehow I manage to never hear of that
site. Not sure how that happened. It looks like some of the stuff there is rather old and
if the cyrux is older then what I'm running on linux I'll compile it myself. I'm not sure
what version of Solaris your running but I have solaris x86 9/10 with the latest patches
installed. I haven't added any other software so it's a purely stock installation. I'll
let you know how it works out.