cyr_expire does not delete files on disk with expunge_mode:delayed?

Michael D. Sofka sofkam at rpi.edu
Wed Nov 24 11:15:42 EST 2010

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Nov 2010, Bron Gondwana wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 03:03:05PM -0600, Kenneth Marshall wrote:
>>> We hit the same issue. You will need to run cyr_expire twice to
>>> have items be removed correctly. Once as you are currently doing
>>> and then a second time ignoring the mailbox annotations (the "-a"
>>> option). This will actually run the delete.
>> That would be my fault :(  The bug that causes this.  Of course
>> we always run with -a at FastMail, hence I didn't notice it.
>>
>> This bug is also fixed in Cyrus 2.4.x.
>
> Bron, this one, while not nasty, is very annoying.  Is it easy to
> backport the fix to 2.3?  Since the 2.3 tree is not dead yet (2.4 is
> good, but not rock stable yet), it might be worth it...

Does this bug apply only if expire annotations are used?  I have not set
any expire annotations, and I'm not specifying -a in the cyr_expire
runs.  Expired messages are being removed according to the logs.

Mike
Michael D. Sofka               sofkam at rpi.edu
C&MT Sr. Systems Programmer,   Email, HPC, TeX, Epistemology
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY.  http://www.rpi.edu/~sofkam/