Does anyone allow unlimited or extremely large quotas?

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Nov 22 21:49:07 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 03:36:07PM +0100, Sébastien Michel wrote:
> > > You have got to be kidding me.  Unless there's actually something which
> > > requires the files to be rewritten (i.e. an expunge event) then this
> > > should not happen.  Again, Cyrus 2.4.x will be much more efficient in
> > > this regard, only rewriting if you have explicitly enable immediate
> > > expunge rather than "default" expunge.
> >
> It is a 2.3.16. Tu be sure I have tested again with a fresh downloaded
> tarball. Just sending a mail in LMTP and opening the mailbox several times
> (SELECT/CLOSE only)
> A binary diff indicated that Generation Number is incremented but nothing
> else.

Ok - that's definitely fixed in 2.4.  I'm also attaching some patches
against 2.4 if anyone else wants to have a play with them.  The first
makes Cyrus open the index and cache files O_RDONLY if the index is
locked in shared mode (which implies a read-only session).

The second patch then makes index EXAMINE commands use a shared lock!

Bron.