reducing logging/duplicate messages

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Nov 22 21:45:19 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 08:44:52PM -0500, Ron Vachiyer wrote:

> I will check the .spec file of the RPM I used to install Cyrus to see if the logging facility was modified, however regarding the opening of user_deny.db, this is version 2.4.4 I am using.  I don't see why it would be logging it so often then.

The log level is something you specify in your syslog.conf.  Cyrus
throws quite a bit of nonsense at LOG_DEBUG level, because it's
useful for debugging.  If you don't want to see it, turn up the
log level in syslog!  That's how it's supposed to work, cooperating
system services.  Cyrus generates the messages, syslog decides what
to pass down to disk.

Bron ( as for the actual amount of noise - yes, tidying that up would
       be good! )