How to re-sync master/slave?

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Nov 22 08:04:52 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 11:19:26AM +0100, Frank Elsner wrote:

> Hello Cyrus Community,
>
> what is the recommended procedure or best practice to re-sync master/slave
> after failure of synchronization?

run sync_client -u for each user.

> We are using cyrus-2.3.1x and the synchronization seems unstable.
> What can cause this? Any hints to make it stable?

There's not much if you're running 2.3.16.  File system corruption
is pretty much the only thing.  Well, that and quota issues on
mailbox deletes... that's still unsolved.  Seriously though, 2.3.16
was pretty rock-solid.  We ran it for ages with very few issues.

Bron ( if you're running earlier, sorry - there's various issues
       going way back, and I've already solved them once.  Once
       was enough! )