RFC 5464 : IMAP METADATA extension

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Sun Nov 21 15:41:58 EST 2010

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 07:24:02PM +0100, kael wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've installed Cyrus 2.4.4 and looking at the METADATA extension, I
> realized only draft-daboo-imap-annotatemore-07 is implemented.

Yeah, it still does.

> There's a patch from the Kolab folks (haven't tried yet), and according
> to a discussion on the list from November 2009 a patch has been
> developed by Fastmail devs.

Not precisely - I had a play with it, but it's languished for a while.
I had hoped to do it for 2.4, but the priority was getting the underlying
mailbox models done.

If Kolab already has a patch I'd definitely like to start with that.
Jeroen - do you have one?  What state is it in?

> What's the state of Cyrus implementation ? Is there any plan to
> implement the RFC version (can't find a ticket on Bugzilla) ?

Yes, there certainly is.  I want to add CONDSTORE support to the
annotations DB at the same time (at least the HIGHESTMODSEQ on the
mailbox at the time a particular annotation was last touched - and
bump the HIGHESTMODSEQ too) so that replication can transfer them
efficiently.

Bron.