Running multiple sync_clients

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Sat Nov 20 15:43:16 EST 2010

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 04:56:41PM -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Nov 2010, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> > More to the point, that's the BDB environment.  It gets created even if you
> > don't have any BDB files.  And every time a sync_client child exists the
> > reference count gets messed up :(
> >
> > (it opens the environment before forking, and closes it in every child!)
>
> That's bad.  Can it be fixed (even if it is not relevant for 2.4 anymore) ?

I'm testing forking once before opening the environment to daemonise, and
then not forking again (which it currently does - presumably to avoid memory
leaks).  Been running like this for about a week now.

I think it's safe - but I'm going to keep watching to make sure nothing
balloons in size.  If it's OK, then I'm going to change!  Maybe we
can either make master do the maintaining, or create a standalone process
that execs sync_clients rather than forking.

Bron.

Bron.