Does anyone allow unlimited or extremely large quotas?

Rudy Gevaert Rudy.Gevaert at UGent.be
Tue Nov 16 08:12:23 EST 2010

On 11/16/2010 12:30 PM, Dave McMurtrie wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> This may be slightly off-topic, so apologies in advance.  Is there
> anyone out there who allows unlimited quota for their users or provides
> extremely large quotas when asked for?
>
> If so, can you describe any problems you've had with this?

We have users with > 5 GB.

We haven't seen any problems with them.  The only general problem we
face is taking backups of a full store.  It just takes very long to
complete full backups.  (Of course that isn't tied to large or no quota.)

Rudy