reconstruct caused mailboxes (skiplist) corruption?

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Thu Nov 11 18:33:15 EST 2010

Sorry - I've been busy working on the specific problem rather than the
overview, and I realised I kind of glossed over this bit:

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 02:24:47PM -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> This probably needs a redesign of master/service fd-passing protocol,
> and of prot streams to be fixed for good.   While at it, we should
> switch the master/service interaction to a modern design, since the
> operating system worth bothering with nowadays deal sanely with the
> thundering herd effect, and all of them have proper socket event support
> (epoll-like. Would require one of the event abstraction libraries,
> though, so as to support linux/bsd/solaris with minimum fuss).

Certainly worth considering.  I won't have the time to work on it for
while since what we have now works fine for us.  I'll be focussing my
work on new features pretty soon, once 2.4.x is stable enough that I
can trust that it will be reliable for people!  But if you want to look
at it and come up with something better for 2.5 or even further ahead,
that would be fantastic.  There's certainly plenty of parts of Cyrus
that could do with some modernising!

Thanks,

Bron.