cyrus replication and RENAME problem

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon May 31 09:31:09 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 12:58:57PM +0200, Rudy Gevaert wrote:
> > Renaming forth and back is a way, but not a really good solution to this
> > problem.
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> Have you been able to fix this?  It seems a bug to me.

Sorry, yes - it's a bug.  It will be fixed in 2.4 (as in, I've already
come across it while rewriting the sync protocol and fixed it) - I'm not
sure there's heaps of value backporting it to 2.3 right now.

Another workaround is just to rename the folder on the replica as well.
Presumably the admin is doing this, and it's a fairly rare case...

Bron ( yes, workaround suck... )