Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.16 w/ Outlook 2007

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Mon Mar 22 11:14:55 EDT 2010

No, in this case, its definitely a connectivity issue :(  I'm going to
have to see if I can't dig up a copy of Outlook 2007 somewhere ...
everything I'm running now is Mac based :(

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010, Mike Eggleston wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Mar 2010, Marc G. Fournier might have said:
>

>> I've recently had a report from a client concerning connecting via Outlook
>> 2007 ... this is the second report I've had concerning similar, with the
>> first one being from my mother ... then, I chaulked it up to her having
>> something setup wrong, but this second one is from a more knowledgeable
>> person ..
>>
>> I had them try telnetting to port 110 to see if something was blocked at
>> the firewall, and everything looks fine from there ...
>>
>> I've just asked him to try IMAP vs POP3, to see if maybe its a POP3
>> protocal issue, maybe ... ?
>>
>> Has anyone seem issues with Outlook 2007 that doesn't appear to manifest
>> in older Outlooks, that have an idea of what to do to fix?
>>
>> The error they are seeing is:
>>
>> 'We are having some issues regarding our connection with Microsoft Outlook
>> 2007. In other versions (2003 or Express) the connection is working fine,
>> but when connecting through Microsoft Outlook 2007, the error shown is
>> "the connection with server has been interrupted" (Err. 0X800CCC0F).'
>>
>> Thanks for any insight / ideas ...
>
> I've not seen issues connecting, but I have had users that claim they
> don't get mail. I've tried to educate these users that the mail is in the
> mail system and it's their client that is not notifying the users of new
> mail (both Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007, and Mac Mail.app). One user has
> hundreds and hundreds of folders and sieve rules for filtering and filing
> mail. I've tried to teach the user to have everything come to the inbox
> for manual filing, but the user did not receive my suggestion very well.
>
> We're a small shop with only 25 users. Two users use the POP3 connections
> over SSL (remote users), the others use internal IMAP4 not over SSL.
>
> Mike

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy at hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy at hub.org