non-encrypted for local queries

Raphael Jaffey rjaffey at artic.edu
Wed Mar 17 12:34:14 EDT 2010

Or, in the event you're only allowing access to port 143 from loopback
and possibly a trusted LAN, you can also use:

imap_allowplaintext: yes
imap_sasl_minimum_layer: 0

in /etc/imapd.conf as port 993 is always protected.

We use

tls_cipher_list: !ADH:MEDIUM:HIGH

in /etc/imapd.conf, so sufficient encryption is required over SSL
connections anyway.

Rafe

Raphael Jaffey                             E-mail: rjaffey at artic.edu
Director of Network Services
The Art Institute of Chicago                Voice: (312) 629-6543
111 S. Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL  60603       FAX: (312) 641-3406