Metapartitions

Marc Patermann hans.moser at ofd-z.niedersachsen.de
Wed Mar 17 04:56:14 EDT 2010

Diego,

Diego Ventrice schrieb:

> Andrew,
>
> Could  you just exlplain to me the metapartition ?
Don't you want answers from anyone else? ;)

> What info is kept there and which is there regular location ?
>
> metapartition-p1: /var/spool/cyrus/mail/meta1
> metapartition_files: index cache expunge squat
So, you found the metapartition_files directive and still want to know
what it does?

metapartition_files: <empty string>
     Space-separated list of metadata files to be stored on a
metapartition rather than in the mailbox directory on a spool partition.

     Allowed values: header, index, cache, expunge, squat
metapartition-name: <none>
     The pathname of the metadata partition name, corresponding to spool
partition partition-name. For any mailbox residing in a directory on
partition-name, the metadata files listed in metapartition_files will be
stored in a corresponding directory on metapartition-name. Note that not
every partition-name option is required to have a corresponding
metapartition-name option, so that you can selectively choose which
spool partitions will have separate metadata partitions.
[man imapd.conf]

What do you think files named "header", "index", "cache", "expunge" and
"squat" in this context contain? ;)

Marc