Info-cyrus Digest, Vol 56, Issue 14

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Tue Mar 16 01:47:00 EDT 2010

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010, Diego Ventrice wrote:

> Randomly created, I see
>
> Promise this is the last one.
> Would you mind telling me how do you have cyrus partitions set ?
>
> Sorry for all the questions but Im close to start building a server to
> serve several thousands
> of email accounts. Ive been working with plain cyrus installations
> flawlessly for a while. Thing is I have no experience with this
> features (murdser,cyrus-rep, multiple mailboxes partitions)  etc.

My first 2 Cyrus servers had 800GB partitions on a SAN.  However, that
turned out to be a little big in practice because it takes a long time to
backup 700-750GB of Cyrus mailboxes.  The new servers that I am migrating
to now are using 500GB partitions.  Currently, I have 2 per server, with 3
servers.  The config looks like:

defaultpartition: p1
partition-p1: /var/spool/cyrus/mail/data1
metapartition-p1: /var/spool/cyrus/mail/meta1
partition-p2: /var/spool/cyrus/mail/data2
metapartition-p2: /var/spool/cyrus/mail/meta2
metapartition_files: index cache expunge squat

My plan is to add additional partitions if they fill up, but I might also
just add additional servers (these are running under VMWare).

 	Andy