cyrus + postfix + lmtpd questions

Diego V fordcarnut at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 14 04:49:34 EDT 2010

It did help, thanks Andrew. Found out reading Postfix's main.cf that the use
of lmtp is encouraged instead of the cyrus agent

 Guess the tcp socket is just usefull in a case like yours with multiple
MTAs, right ?

>  # at least one LMTP is required for delivery
>  lmtp          cmd="/usr/local/cyrus/bin/lmtpd" listen="lmtp" prefork=1
> maxchild=100
>  lmtpunix      cmd="/usr/local/cyrus/bin/lmtpd"
> listen="/var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp" prefork=1

So, to make it short. Postfix and Cyrus comunicate via lmtp and lmtpd
(cyrus) is responsible for mailbox delivery.

Thanks again
Diego