Recovering crashed cyrus server mailbox

Diego V fordcarnut at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 10 11:39:30 EST 2010

As I can see I, having exactly the same problem as Robert. Here some more
info on what I did.
Please, I really need some help.

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 4:05 AM, Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch> wrote:

>  > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Im having a really bad time restoring  my imap server.
> >
> > My cyrus server discs died and I was just able to recover some of the
> > data.
> > I have almost everything from /var/spool/imap but none from /var/lib/imap
> >
> > Thus I copy just one user's mailbox for testing. I created that user
> again
> > with cyradm, then copied all messages to its
> > /var/spool/imap/f/user/foouser
> > folder. Run reconstruct for that mailbox.
> > So far so good. Now, when trying to check mails both from outlook and
> > thunderbird I cant see any messages.
> >
> > Boht partiotions have permissions set. chown -R cyrus.mail . chmod -R 750
> >
> > Apparently, clients are looking where they should. I get these lines on
> > maillog when I ty to browse a folder:
> > open: user xxx opened INBOX.folder
> >  open: user xxx opened INBOX.folder2
> >
> > No messages are shown though but all files are on those mail folders. Ive
> > run every database or mailbox reconstruction utility with no success.
>

> Do you see the following files in /var/spool/imap/f/user/foouser
> cyrus.cache
> cyrus.header
> cyrus.index

 Yes, The cyrus files are there on each folder-

> and in /var/lib/imap/user/f/
> foouser.seen
> foouser.sub
>
> Also there.

> And did you use the -f option with reconstruct?

Yes, I did

Just used ctl_mboxlist -d to see if the user's mailboxes were actually in
mailboxes.db and yes they are.
Dont have a clue about what to do now.