Redirect on overquota

Marc Patermann hans.moser at ofd-z.niedersachsen.de
Fri Mar 5 04:35:54 EST 2010

Hi,

ram schrieb:
> Can I set up lmtp such a way that the overquota messages are redirected
> to a postmaster account
What do you mean by that?
If the mailbox is "over quota" LMTP rejects the mail with a temporary
error 4xx. So the MTA can not deliver it (this time).
In this case the MTA has to deal with it.
If you want to do something else with this message when, I would check
there.
[IMAPd does not a have a mailqueue to store mail to go to somewhere else
and forward it there - excluding the sieve redirect mechanism, but in
this case the message is successfully delivered to the user anyway.]

Marc