Recomendations for a Migration of a Cyrus mailStore with 70K users.

Nestor A Diaz nestor at tiendalinux.com
Wed Jun 30 16:40:46 EDT 2010

Ok, but i am not sure how it will be the layout for a virtdomains: true
+ hashimapspool: true + fulldirhash: true ?

AFAIK cheking the rehash perl script that comes with the cyrus
distribution, the only think i have seen from it it that it hash all of
the mailboxes into 23 directories A..W (uppercase) in a way they are
distributed in almost equal number of accounts per directory based on a
modulus alghorithm, which is not the same like in the hashimapspool
option where the mailbox is put into its first letter directory; it will
be nice for a new installation, but i think it will be not a good idea
for me right now taking in mind the amount of mailboxes a partition is
handling now, i think i will go with my custom partition scheme for now.

Slds.

--
Nestor A. Diaz
Ingeniero de Sistemas