very long cyr_expire at startup and no mail delivery

Reinaldo de Carvalho reinaldoc at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 19:14:02 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 6:38 PM, Marcus <lists at localguru.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> because of a kernel update I had to restart my server. After the restart
> cyrmaster was running, but I couldn't connect to imap or pop3 port and
> sendmail couldn't communicate via socket with cyrus. A "ps ax" showed a
> running "cyr_expire" process for about 20 minutes. After the cyr_expire
> process finished everything worked fine again.
>  Question now: is there a way to avoid such long cyr_expire checks at
> startup or how to do a check by hand before shutting down the cyrus so a
> startup would become quicker?
>
> System: Debian/lenny
> Cyrus: 2.2.13-14+lenny3
> Sendmail: 8.14.3-5+lenny1
>

>From Korreio README:

   6.4 After set expire values cyrus starter is slower

       By default cyrus is configured in cyrus.conf to run delprune to
   remove expired messages at startup (START). Then messages will be
   processed before listen for connections. You should disable delprune
   at startup and add it to EVENTS:

       delprune  cmd="/usr/sbin/cyr_expire -E 3" at=0100

       So messages will be expired at 1pm. all days.

--
Reinaldo de Carvalho
http://korreio.sf.net

"Don't try to adapt the software to the way you work, but rather
yourself to the way the software works" (myself)