Live backup

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Wed Jun 16 20:23:50 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 06:27:34PM +0300, Elver Loho wrote:
> Hey Bron,
>
> I'm running Cyrus on Fedora 12, with the version number being
> 2.3.16-3.fc12 according to yum.

That's about as modern as it gets for now :)

> By the way, how can I verify that replication is working and is up-to-date?
> When does sync_client fail and what does it leave behind that I should
> be worried about? Can you share your scripts in that regard?

That's a bit tricky!  I've posted various scripts to the mailing list
in the past.  We use checkreplication, which logs in as the user to both
ends and does a bunch of queries to check that everything looks the same!

> And are these log messages normal? [snip]

Actually, yes :)  They all look perfectly fine.

Bron.