Live backup

Elver Loho elver.loho at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 10:19:25 EDT 2010

Replication looks to be the solution. Surprisingly I hadn't discovered
it on my own. Many thanks to everyone for pointing it out!

However, while setting it up, I noticed a really weird thing. When
authentication fails on the master-initiated master->slave connection,
master will block connections from all clients! That's a seriously
weird design choice. Does the same thing happen when the slave goes
down? For example, if I reboot the slave, is the master mail server
down for everyone while the slave reboots? I have not dared to
experiment as when authentication failed and the Cyrus master server
stopped letting clients connect, everyone in the office started
shouting within seconds.

Best,
Elver

elver.loho at gmail.com