How to make sync_client invoke STARTTLS for replication

Rudy Gevaert Rudy.Gevaert at UGent.be
Thu Jun 10 10:56:22 EDT 2010

Hello Wesley,

On 06/04/2010 10:32 PM, Wesley Craig wrote:

> And that's all?  At a minimum, if authN is failing, you should get
> this syslog:
>
>           if ((r = backend_authenticate(ret, prot,&mlist, userid,
>                                         cb, auth_status))) {
>               syslog(LOG_ERR, "couldn't authenticate to backend
> server: %s",
>                      sasl_errstring(r, NULL, NULL));
>               if (!ret_backend) free(ret);
>               close(sock);
>               ret = NULL;
>           }
>
> If you're not, I guess you're in some sort of loop in
> backend_authenticate().  Do you get a backtrace?

I'm new to gdb, so I hope I don't give you any wrong information.

I set a breakpoint on   backend_authenticate but i don't get any break.

However I set a breakpoint in backend_connect and stepped a lot.

Please see attached file "bt" and bt2.

I could not get a good backtrace because I didn't know how to get it.
However the file bt2 shows the backtrace I was able to get.  I don't
know how to say break on a specific line. as the line numbers gdb shows
are not matching the line numbers in the source file :(.

Thank you very much!

Rudy