cyrus replication and RENAME problem

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Jun 1 07:08:35 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 11:46:38AM +0200, Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
> --On 1. Juni 2010 19:31:54 +1000 Bron Gondwana <brong at fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
> >Is it common to rename mailboxes across partitions once they're created?
>
> Speaking for myself: very much so! It's how we balance disk space
> over our (currently) four partitions. Whenever we run out of disk
> space we add a partition and set it as default for new mailboxes.
> But that's not enough, because the existing mailboxes keep growing.
> That's why I've writen a script that moves mailboxes from the
> fullest partition to the one with the most free space. Works really
> well.
>
> Currently we don't use replication, but I've been considering it ...

You'd have to add the same sized partition on the replica of course.

Yeah, the new protocol will certainly support renames across partitions
as a basic part of how it works.  I'm still working away at it though!
Have mostly re-written sync_client (again!), but I have to bring
sync_server into "sync" so to speak.

Bron.