cyrus replication and RENAME problem

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Tue Jun 1 05:46:38 EDT 2010

--On 1. Juni 2010 19:31:54 +1000 Bron Gondwana <brong at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Is it common to rename mailboxes across partitions once they're created?

Speaking for myself: very much so! It's how we balance disk space over our
(currently) four partitions. Whenever we run out of disk space we add a
partition and set it as default for new mailboxes. But that's not enough,
because the existing mailboxes keep growing. That's why I've writen a
script that moves mailboxes from the fullest partition to the one with the
most free space. Works really well.

Currently we don't use replication, but I've been considering it ...
--
     .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
                 .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.