very long cyr_expire at startup and no mail delivery

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Thu Jul 1 21:41:00 EDT 2010

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010, Marcus wrote:
> > Yeah - that.  Why on earth is cyr_expire in the startup?  EVENTS is the
> > right place ( actually, we run it out of cron, but that's beside the point )

Because it was like that in the example CMU docs in the start of the
millenium...  We certainly didn't change it much since 2.1 days, so that
config file was added in 2002 I think, maybe even earlier.

BTW, while looking for the source of the example cyrus.conf from 10 years
ago (couldn't find it), I noticed the manpages still haven't documented
cyrus master service options "babysit" and "maxforkrate".

> I thought delprune at startup is standard and therefore I was wondering
> that it takes so long and more evil the service is down while cleaning
> up deliver.db. The debian/lenny cyrus.conf looks like this for the START
> and EVENTS section. So disable delprune in the START section will solve
> that problem? May be a good idea the post this to the debian Wishlist
> for the cyrus package.

Please file the wishlist bug to remind us to update that conf file for the
2.3 packages.

  Henrique Holschuh