Security with TLS

Nybbles2Byte nybbles2byte at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 05:28:24 EST 2010

Hello,

Two quick questions:

Is there a setting in the Cyrus server to force the use of security like STARTTLS in the email clients?

It didn't work when I specified "SSL/TLS" in Thuderbird it does work with STARTTLS. My understanding is that SSL/TLS would be better because you start off secured right from the start instead of starting in clear text and then negotiating a secured connection. If this is not correct, please enlighten me, if it is correct, is there a way to make cyrus accommodate "SSL/TLS"?

Thanks heaps!
Reg

Nybbles2Byte                          mailto:nybbles2byte at gmail.com