what happens when cyrus.squat is old?

Robert Mueller robm at fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 21 18:48:27 EST 2010

> > Are you using the new incremental mode david carter added?
> >
> > -i     Incremental updates where squat indexes already exist.
>
> I'm not.  This is a very old install.  However, we're planning a
> migration to a new server and I'll possibly try it then.  Can you just
> compile squatter separately or do you need to upgrade the rest of
> cyrus too?

I'm not sure which structures squatter looks at. You probably don't want
to just take a recent compiled one and run it, because it might
"upgrade" your cyrus.index files, which would then break your older
imapd/pop3d/etc daemons when they try and read them. That would be bad.

Probably best just to wait until you upgrade. You don't need a new
server to upgrade the software of course...

Rob