cyrus-imapd-2.2.12-10 -- ipurge and -f recursion --

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Mon Jan 18 08:50:44 EST 2010

On Mon, January 18, 2010 04:28, ram wrote:

> I think you mean ipurge (not impurge)

Yes, ipurge is the actual name.

> Even I had exactly the same issue .. I modified ipurge.c a bit so
> that it will expect a "-r" switch to recurse through subfolders
> along with "-f" else "-f" works only on the inbox
>
> I have a workaroud patch to ipurge.c I can share  .. but *absolutely
> no guarantee* that it will work for you

Thank you very much.

>From what I have read this problem is raised quite frequently.  I
would think that simply providing an "-F" option that acted as "-f"
without recursion would suffice. This would preserve the present
"-f" behaviour so that existing scripts are not affected.

Is there any design reason why the ability to simply purge only the
INBOX is not provided?

Canada  L8E 3C3