Authorization with ptloader: Linux and LDAP backend combined

nodens2099 nodens2099 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 10:03:44 EST 2010

On 13/01/2010 15:35, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
>> The issue is that I want to be able to store the Cyrus IMAP admin
>> credentials locally on the Linux server, while all other users are
>> using LDAP backend for login. I thought of using PAM in saslauthd, but
>> this does not work, because I also use ptloader on the Cyrus IMAP
>> server and hence all the authentication is working well, but the
>> authorization fails (because ptloader always tries to query LDAP).
>
> Does this fail because ptloader finds no object in LDAP representing the
> admin account?
>
>> Is there a way to specify two different auth/author backends for
>> ptloader and SASL?

We use a similar setup here. LDAP authentication with ptloader, and
sasldb access for admin. PTS is used for user / group lookups. So you
need to have a match for your admin user in the ldap database, even if
it has no password and another authentication mean is called upon admin
login.

Cheers,

--
Clément Hermann (nodens)