Question about reconstruct

Brian Awood bawood at umich.edu
Tue Jan 12 22:25:56 EST 2010

On Tuesday 12 January 2010 18:15:29 Bron Gondwana wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 08:57:28AM -0800, wcooley at nakedape.cc wrote:
> >
> > Perhaps it would be a good idea, then, to make the '-k' behavior the
> > default and use another option to invert the logic?
>
> Absolutely... it will probably happen in 2.4 or 2.5... it's on my list
> of incompatible changes!

If anyone is interested, here's a patch that we use that turns on -k by
default when delayed expunge is enabled.  We've never seen a need for the "non
-k" behavior since there are other ways to achieve the same results, if you
really do need to delete messages & meta data.  Of course this patch is a lot
larger than it needs to be for just the -k change, since it adds a -w
(warning) and -e (add un-indexed files to expunge).  Also, it looks like a lot
of changes, but it's mostly additional if statements and some corresponding
formatting fixes.

-Brian