Migration from Cyrus 2.2.12 RHEL4 to Centos 5.4 (Cyrus 3.3.7)

Michael Fernández M michael at michael.cl
Thu Jan 7 14:16:51 EST 2010

Hi,

I have a server running Cyrus 2.2.12-3 working with Mysql on a RHEL4
everything works great... the directory /var/spool/imap is on a LUN
(Storage)...

I want to migrate to other new server I will install Centos 5.3... so i
want to know.... when I finish installing all the software and doing all
the configurations in order to connect the LUN to the new Server is
there something specific to do? any consideration about Cyrus?

Will Cyrus 3.3.7 (on Centos 5.4) works fine with the old databases from
Cyrus 2.2.12?

I read in the mailing list archive some post about migrations, but
allways in the same machine...

Please tell me some considerations or steps to do in order to this
work......

Thanks..

Michael.-