how does cyrus replication failover work?

Thomas Vogt tv at solnet.ch
Sun Feb 28 13:52:40 EST 2010

Hi

I've to move a large cyrus entity from one facility to another with no
or at least a little downtime.

I thought I setup a second cyrus entity on my new data center and use
cyrus replication to transfer all data to this new cyrus slave. After
all mails are copied, the slave will become the primary backend server
for a couple of hours. At this point I'll transfer my cyrus master to
the new location (physical).

After everything is done, how do i copy all new mails from the slave
back to my master who was offline for a couple of hours?

Regards,
Thomas