inbox very large

Maria McKinley maria at shadlen.org
Sat Feb 20 19:53:49 EST 2010

Greetings,

I have a mailbox that I send spam to, and I have been meaning to set up
some filters, so that after a certain period of time, they get deleted.
However, I got distracted, and now the inbox is very large. I was
wondering if anyone has advice how to 1) get rid of all of the messages
currently in the inbox that were sent before a certain date, and 2) how
to set up a filter so that messages are moved to folders according to
date, and then folders are deleted after a certain date.

thanks,
maria