Backup strategy for large mailbox stores

Phil Brutsche phil at optimumdata.com
Fri Feb 19 11:26:13 EST 2010

a) iSCSI doesn't automatically mean SATA - virtually all iSCSI
enclosures on the market will accept either SAS or SATA. SAS and SATA
were designed that way.

b) iSCSI *can* add a bunch of latency, but not necessarily. It depends
on what's doing the iSCSI processing. Higher-end 1GbE and 10GbE cards do
iSCSI processing in "silicon".

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at optimumdata.com