Cyrus murder ( IMAP Aggregator )

Wesley Craig wes at umich.edu
Thu Feb 11 10:25:26 EST 2010

On 10 Feb 2010, at 16:54, Richard Pijnenburg wrote:
> How do the backends deceide who services which mailbox?

The admin decides, more or less, as you provision mailboxes.

> And what happens if one of those backends dies?

The mailboxes on that backend are inaccessible.  The rest of the
cluster continues to operate as normal, tho your mail queues might be
negatively impacted.  You might want to investigate replication, for
how to recover from a failed backend.

> If I understand also correct I’ll need 1 Murder master and then 1
> or multiple Murder Front-end and back-end servers ?

More or less.  It's pretty reasonable to have one of the frontends
act as the murder master, particularly in a low-load environment.

:wes