Cyrus Postfix SASL Auth SMTP MySQL Always Authenticate multiple mech_list

Eugene van der Merwe eugene at snowball.co.za
Wed Feb 3 13:09:40 EST 2010

I am trying to create a destination NAT SMTP intercept server. I need this
because for SPAM reporting our upstream are providing our NAT gateway IPs
instead of our client's internal network IPs and now they are blocking us.

Our clients use many authentication methods, including plain and cram-md5.
Ideally I want to support these mech_list:
plain login digest-md5 cram-md5

I install the auxprop_plugin: sql and I pipe requests to the MySQL. But the
MySQL insists on checking the password. I tried manipulating the MySQL to
always return true but this seems impossible.

What I would like to know is how to use Cyrus SASL Auth redirection to
always authenticate the SMTP user regardless of username and password.

My workaround for now is to use just 'plain' and this works quite well but I
suspect Exchange server are reporting EHLO problems and I can see cram-md5
failures.

My platform is Ubuntu 8.04 32-bit using standard .DEB files.

kind regards,
--------
Eugene van der Merwe
Founder and CEO