GNU Mailutils

Shuvam Misra shuvam.misra at merceworld.com
Mon Dec 20 23:22:40 EST 2010

> Mailutils has been around since dirt, but I've never heard of it being
> used as a server.  I do know that their IMAP support [client-side] is
> crap which is why everyone uses/used c-client [derived from UW].
>
> The manual for the imap4d services [which runs under xinted, yuck!] is
> full of "The information in this node may be obsolete or otherwise
> inaccurate. This message will disappear, once this node revised.)"

I too thought that their mail server is probably not particularly good,
given the fact that no one seems to be using it as against Cyrus or
Dovecot. But I thought their client libraries may be useful (provided you
can live with them being GPL not even LGPL). But I guess your experiences
will make me think twice before exploring their stuff further.

thanks,
Shuvam