GNU Mailutils

Shuvam Misra shuvam.misra at merceworld.com
Sun Dec 19 22:39:30 EST 2010

Hey guys,

I know this is OT but any of you have any idea about this toolkit/system?
I discovered it accidentally today --- didn't even know the GNU project
had its own IMAP and POP3 servers in addition to client-side libraries. I
wonder how good their IMAP daemon is, in terms of performance,
administration flexibility, and stability.

I know writing a good IMAP daemon is no joke -- it's as complex as a
full-fledged NNTP/Usenet system, added to the complexities of that
asynchronous IMAP4 protocol.

These guys even have a good domain: http://mailutils.org

Just curious, that's all.

Shuvam