sieveshell uses global sieve folder when auth'ing as cyrus

Stefan Jurisch s.jurisch at siegnetz.de
Fri Dec 10 10:33:43 EST 2010

Hi there,

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 03:00:31PM +0000, Dan White wrote:
> It sounds like you are authenticating or proxying as an admin, which
> would
> explain what you're seeing.
> [...]
> Try this in imapd.conf:
>
> sieve_sasl_mech_list: digest-md5 external gssapi plain srp

Okay, I didn't know an option like 'sieve_sasl_mech_list' yet.

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 03:08:51PM +0000, Kenneth Marshall wrote:
> We had this problem and it was caused by being in the sieve_admins
> list in the imapd.conf file on the same server as your actual
> mailbox. Removing your account from the sieve_admins list and
> putting it on the sieve_proxyservers list fixed the problem and
> allowed it to work as we (and you) expected.

It seems there are many options that I did (and do) not know yet. There
is no option 'sieve_admins' in my configuration, neither the
'sieve_proxyservers' one. But I added the second one.

I'll give both of your ideas a try, but I can't restart the productive
server during our worktimes, so I can report the result recently
tomorrow.

Best regards
Stefan

--
STEFAN JURISCH | System Engineer | VMware(R), Software Development & Support

SIEGNETZ.Informationstechnologie(R) GmbH
Schneppenkauten 1a, DE-57076 Siegen, Phone +49 (271) 68193 -0, Facsimile -28
http://www.siegnetz.de | support at siegnetz.de | development at siegnetz.de

Geschaeftsfuehrer (executive): Oliver Seitz
Handelsregister (comm. register): Amtsgericht (local court) Siegen HRB4838
Sitz der Gesellschaft/domicile: Siegen, Germany