Expunged emails after upgrade from 2.3.16 to 2.4.5

Stephen Carr sgcarr at civeng.adelaide.edu.au
Fri Dec 10 01:04:22 EST 2010

Dear Patrick

It  worked and I also enabled Expunge Inbox on exit in Thunderbird.

Thanks
Stephen Carr

Patrick Boutilier wrote:
> On 12/08/2010 05:22 AM, Stephen Carr wrote:
>> Dear All
>>
>> I assumed that replication went one way master to replica. Now with it
>> syncing in both directions my replica is out of sync with the master in
>> that the number of emails in folders on the master are not the same on
>> the replica.
>>
>> The problem was compounded by having both expunge and delete set to
>> immediate in the master but delayed on the replica.
>>
>> I have both the master and replica set to have delete and expunge set to
>> delayed and restarted master on both systems.
>>
>> Now if I delete an email it is reflected in the client (Thunderbird) ie
>> total drops by one and an ls *. on the file system is still the old
>> value that is one more what is reported in Thunderbird BUT unexpunge -l
>> reports no emails to unexpunge.
>>
>> I also tested it by creating a new folder - moving an email into it all
>> OK in Thunderbird - then deleted it - Thunderbird reports NO email in
>> folder BUT unexpunge -l does not display the deleted email but it is on
>> the file system.
>>
>> What is happening?
>

> Try "compacting" the folder in Thunderbird.
>

> <snip>
> ----

Stephen Carr
Computing Officer
School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
The University of Adelaide
Tel +618-8303-4313
Fax +618-8303-4359
Email sgcarr at civeng.adelaide.edu.au

CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and
contains information that may be confidential and/or copyright.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender
by reply email and immediately delete this email. Use, disclosure
or reproduction of this email by anyone other than the intended
recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. No representation is made
that this email or any attachments are free of viruses. Virus
scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the recipient.