Different backend authentications for Cyrus IMAP

Jason Voorhees jvoorhees1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 12:49:13 EST 2010

Hi:

For personal reasons I'm planning to migrate a Zimbra installation to
a Postfix+Cyrus IMAP based schema. My Zimbra server has two domains:
domain1.com and domain2.com. Users from domain1.com authenticate via
Active Directory and domain2.com authenticate via Zimbra (using its
own OpenLDAP server).

As you know Zimbra has its own POP/IMAP server embedded with a custom
version of saslauthd. Now I have to keep the same double
authentication schema
when migrate to Cyrus IMAP so the question is: How could configure
Cyrus IMAP to authenticate users from one domain (domain1.com) to a
backend A (Active Directory) and users from other domain (domain2.com)
to a backend B (OpenLDAP, MySQL, PAM, etc)? Is it possible? Any ideas?

I hope someone can help me with some ideas.

Thanks