disconnect_on_vanished_mailbox

Chris Conn cconn at abacom.com
Sun Dec 5 10:19:26 EST 2010

> No.  This kind of bogus, racy, non-deterministing messing is precisely what
> the strong consistent locking design of Cyrus 2.4 is designed to avoid!
>
> You could always:
>
> cd /var/imap/proc; grep -l $username * | xargs kill
>
> if you actually want to kill the user connections.
>
> Bron.

Trust me, I despise this method and have hit people over the head,
literally.  I don't know who came up with this scheme but I have always
disagreed with its use;  severe reverse-learning is in order.

I was actually looking to have the management script check the proc
files to see if there was an active process on a mailbox and deny the
rename if that was the case.  Guess its my only option, and it sounds good.

Thanks,

Chris