cvt_cyrusdb: DBERROR Я^F^H: db4

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Tue Aug 31 00:03:14 EDT 2010

On 30/08/10 20:09 -0500, Andrew Brink wrote:
>It should be noted that this is 2.2.12 and if i delete deliver.db,
>cyrus does not recreate it upon startup
>
>On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 7:42 PM, Andrew Brink <abrink at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So another admin was messing around on our email server, and I have no
>> idea what happened.
>>
>> When I try to start cyrus I get many DBERROR: db4 errors.
>>
>> When I try to convert deliver.db and tls_session.db from berkeley to
>> skiplist using cvt_cyrusdb, I get the same error.  (All other
>> databases are already skiplist.)
>>
>> Any ideas would be great?  We are dead in the water at this point.  I
>> suspect the problem has to do with some DB4 mis matches?  Any
>> troubleshooting pointers?

What's your imapd.conf config?

Specifically, do you get any output from:

grep '_db\|suppress' /etc/imapd.conf

On a 2.2.13 system, with default debian configuration, when I stop cyrus,
remove both the deliver.db and tls_sessions.db files, then restart cyrus,
they both get recreated.

Any permissions problems on your <configdirectory>?

If you want to convert those databases to skiplist, you should modify your
imapd.conf and configure duplicate_db and tlscache_db.

--
Dan White