cyrus murder serverlist ?

Jukka Huhta jukka.huhta at helsinki.fi
Mon Aug 30 18:35:08 EDT 2010

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010, Andre Felipe Machado wrote:

> I already tried to setup parameters for creating mailboxes on the backend with
> most free available space when no partition is specified, following imapd.conf
> man page.
> The source code uses some conditions to achieve this, like for example:
> IMAP_ENUM_MUPDATE_CONFIG_STANDARD (== 0 as enumerated)
> IMAPOPT_PROXYSERVERS or IMAPOPT_DEFAULTSERVER
> imapd_userisadmin || imapd_userisproxyadmin
>
> But despite configuring them, the frontend still writes locally...

I managed to do it somehow some time ago. First I had an erroneous
proxyservers option in the frontend imapd.conf. After having that
removed it started to work. Almost. The algorithm just miscalculated
the freespace response received from the backend servers and gave
somewhat random results.

I reported the bug(?) here and in the bugzilla (#3225). No one
reacted. So - I'm not sure what's the situation with this feature. I'm
about to write my own script for this purpose, finding the most
suitable backend and partition.

And BTW, it would be nice to have the replication working when moving
users across partitions...

-Jukka Huhta