Put only cyrus.index and cyrus.cache in metadata partitions ?

Eric Luyten Eric.Luyten at vub.ac.be
Thu Aug 26 11:19:25 EDT 2010

Hello,

I understand the cyrus.header file is the only irreplacable one, i.e.
cyrus.index and cyrus.cache can be regenerated using 'reconstruct'
while cyrus.header, a very small (150 bytes or thereabout) and stable
file, contains some vital mailbox identification data.

I observe a cyrus.header file only gets modified when the mailbox ACL is
changed or when annotations are added. Am I correct in assuming this ?

So most accesses to cyrus.header files are read operations.

Does it therefore make (some) sense to leave the cyrus.header files with
the message files and not with the other metadata ?
I am not considering cyrus.expunge and cyrus.squat here for the sake of
simplicity.

Thank you for your comments,
Eric Luyten, Computing Centre VUB/ULB, Belgium.