Stuck mailboxes.db entries with mbtype=2

Dave McMurtrie dave64 at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Aug 24 13:22:53 EDT 2010

On 08/24/2010 01:17 PM, Michael Bacon wrote:

> Definitely something I hadn't thought of, but in this case, the faulty
> mbtype appears to be in the mailboxes.db on the backend server, not the
> mupdate server. I don't think an MUPDATE command would change that,
> would it?

If your mupdate master still doesn't have a mailbox entry for the broken
user(s), but the backend server has it locally in mailboxes.db, you can
force a mupdate push from the backend first, then clear the reserved state.

To force the backend to do a mupdate push, use imtest:

$ imtest -m GSSAPI your.cyrus.backend.com.
S: A01 OK Success (privacy protection)
Authenticated.
1 MUPDATEPUSH user.testuser
1 OK Completed
2 logout
* BYE LOGOUT received
2 OK Completed
Connection closed.

If I'm still misunderstanding the state that this mailbox is in, please
let me know.

Thanks,

Dave
--