imtest issue

Mike Eggleston mikeegg1 at mac.com
Wed Aug 18 16:12:47 EDT 2010

Afternoon,

I had another incident where I again need to reset the \Seen flags for
several users. I'm trying to use imtest(8) and having issues. When I
execute 'imtest -u $USER -a cyrus localhost' I can authenticate just fine
using the cyrus account password as I expect. Reading the man page for
imtest(8) after login I'm supposed to become $USER. I expect to be able
to issue a '01 select INBOX.$folder', but I get an error. I can issue
'01 select user.$USER.$FOLDER' just fine, but this implies I'm still
cyrus and not $USER.

When I issue the next command '02 uid store 1:* +flags \Seen', this works,
but it only works for the user that I am. Since the command '01 select
user.$USER.$FOLDER' works, then I'm setting the \Seen flag for cyrus
and not the \Seen flag for $USER.

What am I doing wrong that I'm not becoming $USER when I execute from
the command line 'imtest -u $USER -a cyrus localhost'?

Mike