shared \seen flags on shared folders

Gavin McCullagh gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie
Thu Aug 12 09:17:49 EDT 2010

Hi,

we have a kolab server here which as you probably know uses Cyrus for its
IMAP/POP/LMTP services.

One issue we come across now and then is with a group who share a generic
incoming email address as well as each having their own personal address.
This email may take general customer queries for example.  They want to be
able to "share" the \seen flag between them, so that if one user reads the
email and deals with it, the others no longer see it as unread in their
clients.

We can set up their email client to have several accounts and share the
same username and password between them.  However, this is awkward for
various reasons.  We'd prefer to share the folder among each user, but this
gives each user their own copy of the \seen flag which is awkward.

I gather courier shares the \seen flag between users sharing a folder.  Is
it possible to do this on cyrus?

Needless to say I can see advantages in either behaviour but it would be
handy to have the option of sharing that flag on cyrus.

Gavin

--
Gavin McCullagh
Senior System Administrator

This E-mail is from Griffith College.
The E-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be
privileged and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom they are addressed. If you are not the addressee you are prohibited
from disclosing its content, copying it or distributing it otherwise than to
the addressee. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and delete the e-mail from your
computer.

Bellerophon Ltd, trades as Griffith College (registered in Ireland No.
60469) with its registered address as Griffith College Campus, South
Circular Road, Dublin 8, Ireland.