setting the seen flag?

Dennis Davis D.H.Davis at bath.ac.uk
Thu Apr 29 05:55:57 EDT 2010

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010, Mike Eggleston wrote:

> From: Mike Eggleston <mikeegg1 at mac.com>
> To: Dan White <dwhite at olp.net>
> Cc: info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
> Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 20:24:28
> Subject: Re: setting the seen flag?
>
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2010, Mike Eggleston might have said:

> My current, not ready for prime time script is:

> # does that user have mail directory?
> fl=`echo $user | cut -c1`
> imapdir=/var/spool/imap
> letterdir="$imapdir/$fl"
> if [ ! -d $letterdir ] ; then
> 	echo "$0: directory '$letterdir' does not exist; aborting"
> 	exit 3
> fi

At this point you might like to consider using the cyrus mbpath
command to find the user's mail directory.  You're running as root,
so this should be OK.  You'd certainly need to use something like
mbpath if you've set things like:

# Hash everything in sight.
fulldirhash: yes
hashimapspool: yes

in /etc/imapd.conf.
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis at bath.ac.uk               Phone: +44 1225 386101