delete mailbox failed skiplist assertion failed

Rudy Gevaert Rudy.Gevaert at UGent.be
Tue Apr 27 06:09:06 EDT 2010

Hi,

We are running 2.3.12 with the cyrus-skiplist-locking-rework-2.3.12.diff
and  cyrus-skiplist-nested-transactions-2.3.12.diff patch.

I am writing some scripts to manage our mailboxes and hit some kind of bug.

I created a mailbox cyrustest at mail.ugent.be and when i try to delete a
mailbox I get:
BYE Fatal error: Internal error: assertion failed: cyrusdb_skiplist.c:
771: db->is_open

We are also using delayed delete

I also see the mailbox in the delayed delete hierarchy.

mail7.UGent.be>  lm user/cyrustest at mail.ugent.be
user/cyrustest at mail.ugent.be (\HasNoChildren)
mail7.UGent.be>  lm DELETED/*@mail.ugent.be

Now I delete the mailbox through imap.

Now we see the deleted mailbox:

mail7.UGent.be> lm DELETED/*@mail.ugent.be
DELETED/user/cyrustest/4BD6B651 at mail.ugent.be (\Noselect \HasNoChildren)

But original mailbox is still there

mail7.UGent.be> lm user/cyrustest at mail.ugent.be
user/cyrustest at mail.ugent.be (\HasNoChildren)

The mailbox in the deleted tree is reserved:

mail7.UGent.be> dm DELETED/user/cyrustest/4BD6B651 at mail.ugent.be
deletemailbox: Mailbox is currently reserved

No permissions set
mail7.UGent.be> lam user/cyrustest at mail.ugent.be

mail7.UGent.be> sam cyrus x user/cyrustest at mail.ugent.be
cyrus at oeral:~$ echo $?
141
cyrus at oeral:~$

Restarting cyrus deletes the reservation, so I can deleted the mailbox
in the deleted tree, but the original mailbox is still there.

Any pointers on getting this fixed would be appreciated!

Rudy